General Church Events
We celebrate the Feast Day of our patron Saint Francis de Sales with an evening Mass and ice cream social on January 24. Other social activities include the annual parish picnic, the Knight's fun night, and the Smokin' Joe Chili Feed. Following All Soul's Day Mass, the parish is invited to visit and bless the graves. Our Lady of Guadalupe is celebrated on December 12 with Mananitas at 5 AM, and a Spanish Mass at 6 PM, followed by a fiesta in the hall. The feast of the Holy Family (Sunday after Christmas) is celebrated with a pot-luck brunch after the morning Mass.
Bishop Liam Cary celebrates with us various events, such as Christmas Masses, the Chrism Mass (on the Thursday before Holy Week), Holy Week and Easter, as well as Ordinations, Confirmations and other diocesan functions.
Advent, Christmas, Lent and Easter are all celebrated in a spiritual and liturgical setting, and parishioners are invited to participate as fully as possible in these meaningful seasons of the year. Stations of the Cross are held on Fridays of Lent at 12 noon. And Advent and Lenten Penance service are held on an announced day at 7 PM, with visiting priests to hear confessions..
- St. Francis de Sales Cathedral :
- Saturday Vigil Mass is at 6 PM in the Cathedral from September till mid-June.
- Sunday Mass at 9:30am (Rosary is recited at 9 am)
1st and 3rd Sundays - Spanish Mass at 12 noon
- Daily Mass as follows:
- M-W-F at St. Elizabeth Health Care Center at 3325 Pocahontas Road, at 9:00am
- T-Th in the Day Chapel at 7:30am.
- An Anointing Mass is held on the first Wednesday of each month in the Hospital chapel.
- A new ordo Latin Mass is celebrated on the first Thursday of each month in the day-chapel. Booklets with Latin/English are available.
Masses on Holy Days are usually at 9 AM and 7 PM in the Cathedral, unless
they fall on a Saturday or Monday. The feast of the Immaculate Conception is
always a Holy Day of obligation, since it is the patronal feast of our nation.
Saturday from 9 AM to 10 AM in the day-chapel; or by appointment
Every Friday, Mass is celebrated at 6 AM in the Day Chapel, followed by the
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament for private adoration until 3 pm. At 3 pm we
recite the Divine Mercy Chaplet and conclude by Solemn Benediction.
- St. Therese Church, 135 Bell St., Halfway
On the 1st and 3rd weekends, Mass is held on Saturday at 2 PM.
- On the other Sundays Mass is held at 2 PM
Regularly Scheduled Meetings
- The Parish Council meets once a month, on the second Tuesday of the month at 7 PM in the Rectory.
- The Finance Committee meets every other month on the third Tuesday of the month at 5PM in the rectory.
- The Altar Society meets after Mass on the first Sunday of the month, and individual "circles" meet once a month as well.
- The Knights of Columbus meet once a month on the third Thursday of the month in the parish Hall at 7 PM.
- Religious Education classes meet on Wednesdays at 7PM during the regular school year.
- The Folk Group practices on Tuesdays at 7 pm, and at 7:30 PM in the spring.
- The Children's Choir practices on Wednesdays at 6:15 pm